A good air purifier could set you back a few hundred dollars, easily. Sticker shock might have you second-guessing the purchase. Are air purifiers worth it? Is the hype real? Or is the technology more trendy than anything else? In this article, we’ll explore if air purifiers truly are worth the investment of your hard-earned money, what to look for when you’re shopping, and what you can expect to get out of your device.
Wait, Why Are Air Purifiers So Expensive in the First Place?
While you might not get a front-row seat to the inner workings of your air purifier, a lot is going on behind the scenes. For instance, inside the Sans air purifier are four layers of filtration: a pre-filter, medical-grade HEPA 13 filter, activated carbon filter, and finally, pulses of UV-C light. This is how Sans can tackle particles big and small, fromdust andVOCs to pet hair and dander.
The specific types of filters also matter. For instance, a medical-grade HEPA 13 filter is far more powerful and precise than some of its counterparts, which might mean that the air purifier as a whole is a little more expensive.
You should also consider whether an air purifier uses a replaceable or washable filter. If an air purifier is lower in price but utilizes a washable filter, it might save you money initially, but keep in mind that it’s difficult (and risky) to clean these yourself, they never work as well once they get dirty, and it’ll affect your air purifier’s ability to do its job long-term. This might mean you’re replacing the device much sooner than you would if you had a purifier with a replaceable filter.
Air purifiers aren’t anything new. In fact, we cantrace their roots back to the 1800s. So, this technology has beenmanyyears in the making and has evolved tremendously since its inception.
So, are Air Purifiers Worth It?
Under the right circumstances, yes, an air purifier is worth the investment! Here are a few things you’ll want to consider before you hand over your credit card information:
- As we mentioned, opt for a replaceable filter instead of a washable one. Washable filters are hard to get clean, you expose yourself to all of the dangerous particles they captured, and they make it difficult for the air purifier to do a good job.
- Make sure it has multiple layers of filtration and sanitization. One layer isn’t enough because no single filter can targetalltypes of particles (meaning solids, gases,odors, etc.). This is why Sans has four layers/steps in total.
- The air purification system should be self-regulating. For example, Sans runs when it detects that the air in your home needs to be purified, and it shuts off when it’s done. This means that you don’t have to lift a finger.
- The air purifier should also alert youwhen it’s time to replace the filter so that it can continue running optimally.
- Check that your air purifier doesn’t produce any ozone, which is odorless and colorless but harmful to humans.
- If your purifier runs on its own as needed, ensure that it’s silent when it’s on so as not to disturb you during working hours and while you’re sleeping.
- Considering it’s a bigger investment, your purchase should start with a free trial and include a warranty and free returns, should the device not meet your expectations.
Additionally, keep in mind what a purifier willsaveyou from. Your allergy symptoms might get better. You’ll sleep sounder. You could be less prone to illness, and you might not have to dust your home as much. If you knew that one device could help in all these ways, would it be worth it to you? (That’s a bigyesfor us!)
Finding the Right Air Purifier to Invest In
There are all sorts of particles and allergens lurking in your home, no matterhow much you clean. When you cook a meal with yourgas stove, dangerous particles fill the air. Yourpet brings in germs from the outdoors and also leaves a trail of fur and dander wherever they go. Nearbywildfire smoke might be finding its way through the windows and doors. Andpesky mold might be building upin your laundry room and bathrooms.
So, what do you do?
Keeping the air you breathe clean and safe is what we do. The Sans air purifier is safe forchildren and pets, the home and the office. It produces absolutely no ozone and is what we like to callwhisperquiet. Whether you’re playing with your little ones, cooking dinner, or tackling a busy day of Zoom calls, Sans will always be there in the background, keeping you and your family healthy.
With us, you get a 30-day risk-free trial. Our purifier is doctor-recommended and comes with a five-year warranty. And our SmartPure technology will constantly monitor your breathing air and adjust the device’s filtration accordingly. Plus, Sans gives you real-time insight into your air quality with the digital Air Quality Index (AQI) display. The first filter is on us andmultiple payment options are available, including monthly installments.
Cleaner air is just a few clicks away. Take back control over your health and safety with Sans.Shop with us today and breathe the difference.